Health Insurance Company Overview
Bupa, originally the British United Provident Association, is the largest health insurance provider in the UK. Bupa is a not-for-profit organisation which is able to plough all profits back into health insurance and the provision of care services to its customers.
Bupa’s main interests are health insurance, care homes for young disabled and older people, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services.
Sixty years ago, Bupa was set up to help prevent, relieve and cure sickness and ill-health of every kind. Today, our purpose remains the same. By investing in innovative services, like offering access to the very latest proven drugs and treatment, and their pioneering dementia care, they single-mindedly continue to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders they can focus on caring for you
At Bupa, they have no shareholders. Their priority is looking after you … through our care homes, health insurance, home healthcare, health centres and dental centres.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives
They do this by providing a broad range of healthcare services, support and advice to people throughout their lives.
A leading international healthcare group, they run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals, offer personal and company health insurance and provide home healthcare, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services including health coaching.
They are committed to making quality healthcare, focused on the patients needs, more affordable and accessible in the areas of wellness, chronic disease management and ageing.
Health Insurance Plans
Below is a summary of Bupa’s most popular health insurance plans to help you find one that suits you.
Bupa By You
Bupa By You enables you to build your preferred health insurance option by choosing a core health insurance option from the below
- Bupa Comprehensive – Covers your medical costs from diagnosis to treatment and aftercare for all conditions including cancer. You can then choose from a variety of out-patient limits.
- Bupa Treatment and Care -for people who are happy to get diagnosed by the NHS but would like to receive treatment privately. We will cover the cost of treatment by a private consultant and aftercare at a private hospital, where eligible.
You can then adapt your cover as you wish from a range of options including hospital network, excess, cancer cover options, Dental and Optical Cover, Travel Cover and Complementary Therapies Cover.
The Bupa Cancer Promise
- We understand the impact that cancer can have on the lives of our members, and are continually developing our healthcare schemes to adapt to the advancements being made to treat and cure this disease.
- Without any financial or time limits on access to cancer treatment whilst you are a Bupa member, you can be reassured that all your eligible cancer treatment costs are paid in full, provided that you use one of our recognised consultants we have already agreed our fees with, within your chosen Bupa hospital network.
- If you have chosen NHS Cancer Cover Plus, cover is only available when the radiotherapy, chemotherapy or surgical operation you need is not available from your NHS.
They also offer their members:
- Help and advice from our specialist Oncology Support Team and oncology nurses throughout any cancer treatment.
- Support from our Treatment Options Service for patients making decisions about their cancer care.
- Treatment provided through our network of recognised breast, bowel and gynaecological cancer centres.
- An extensive range of information available on our website, including our Cance Health Hub